Staff - I look forward to having your class visit the LMC to find books for recreational reading, project based learning, using the Maker Space and doing research. You can sign up for this space on our Google Drive sign up page.
Teachers, please have the following information available when requesting class LMC time:
• how many students?
• can other independent students be here?
• will you be using the computers? what will students be working on?
Ways staff can use the shared LMC:
• book checkout (pleasure or academic)
• research/reference with or without media specialist guidance (preferably with!) (using the books and computers for research)
• public meetings and special presentations
• misc. student use: test makeup, typing a paper, etc.
• teacher prep space
Students are always welcome to use the shared LMC individually or in small groups. This a welcoming space for those who intend to use for academic purposes.
Students may have 3 books checked out simultaneously. We encourage books to be returned within 3 weeks, and they can be renewed for longer. During the school year, students will check out textbooks and library books. All materials checked out to a student are the responsibility of that student. If the book is lost or not returned the student is responsible for the cost of replacing the book.
Student behavior expectations:
• come in with a pass if not with a class
• login to e-tracking on the way in if a student is in the media center independently
* students are doing what they came to the media center to do